Senior Analyst - Embedded
Data CRT is a small, growing consulting firm, specializing in understanding complex data problems, building infrastructure to support analyzing those problems, and communicating clear insights to our clients based on the outcome of technical analyses.
We are seeking a consultant to join our practice who will be embedded with a data science team for a leading consumer brand tech company for the first year. In this role, you will be responsible for initiatives including:
- Understanding complex business logic
- Querying and exploring data at a granular level to identify exceptions to business logic
- Making recommendations for systemic improvements to reduce exceptions
- Investigating data inaccuracies to determine root causes
Our projects range from building data warehouses from the ground up to telling holistic data stories and helping stakeholders leverage data appropriately to developing algorithmic attribution models to optimize marketing spend. We work with series A startups through large, post-IPO organizations. We have clients across a broad spectrum of industries, including insurance, healthcare, HR, and artificial intelligence.
Our clients hire us to tackle their most challenging data problems, and you will often use cutting-edge tools to solve these problems across industries. Quality is a core component of our work, as that quality helps us to build and maintain strong client relationships; we are looking for a consultant who shares these values.
To be successful in this role, you should:
- Be able to write clear, organized, and reusable SQL code
- Approach data skeptically, including testing assumptions
- Be able to zoom in on specific details on a project when relevant, and know when to take a step back and reevaluate the big picture
- Engage and collaborate with others at a technical level appropriate to their background
- Consistently focus on scaling and automating your efforts
- Feel comfortable participating in and improving our quality control procedures
- Have at least 2 years experience working with data
- We offer high compensation and a truly flexible schedule and location for people who deliver excellent work
- We actively set aside time for professional development and community engagement
- Health insurance (including dental and vision)
- Opportunity to work within a large-scale data science organization while having the support of seasoned data professionals within our consulting practice